[slicer-users] Memory error when using B-spline registration

Ron Kikinis kikinis at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 20 10:38:14 EST 2010


Hi,

What version of Slicer are you using and on what platform? If you are 
running a 32 bit version of Slicer, the memory available to slicer is 
slightly less than 2GB.

If you compile yourself, you can compile a 64bit version. If you are 
using the precompiled downloads, then we make a 64 bit version available 
on Linux. We are working of other 64bit versions, but I do not expect 
them for several weeks.

Ron

On 12/20/10 10:25 AM, Boettcher, PD Dr. Peter wrote:
> We use slicer and B-spline registration for non-rigid registration of CT
> data. Unfortunately when increasing the grid size (>7) an error occurs.
> The mashine slicer is running has 12 GB ram, but slicer refers to
> insufficient memory.
> Please see the posted error log message for further details.
> Any comment would be highly appreciate!
> Regards, Peter.
> Type: Error
> Time: 12/20/10 16:14:19
> Description: ERROR: In
> ..\..\..\Slicer3\Modules\CommandLineModule\vtkCommandLineModuleLogic.cxx, line
> 1622
> vtkCommandLineModuleLogic (0C7E9E90): Fast Nonrigid BSpline registration
> standard error:
> ExceptionObject caught !
> itk::ExceptionObject (078BB060)
> Location: "float *__thiscall itk::ImportImageContainer<unsigned
> long,float>::AllocateElements(unsigned long) const"
> File:
> c:\slicer-3-6\slicer3-lib\insight\code\common\itkImportImageContainer.txx
> Line: 188
> Description: Failed to allocate memory for image.
>
> Type: Error
> Time: 12/20/10 16:14:19
> Description: ERROR: In
> ..\..\..\Slicer3\Modules\CommandLineModule\vtkCommandLineModuleLogic.cxx, line
> 1671
> vtkCommandLineModuleLogic (0C7E9E90): Fast Nonrigid BSpline registration
> returned 1 which probably indicates an error.
>
> Type: Information
> Time: 12/20/10 16:14:18
> Description: Fast Nonrigid BSpline registration command line:
> slicer:6C94EAE0 --processinformationaddress 109C7F10 --iterations 20
> --gridSize 10 --histogrambins 100 --spatialsamples 50000
> --maximumDeformation 1 --default 0 --initialtransform
> C:/Users/braeuer/AppData/Local/Temp/1/Slicer3/CGHC_vtkMRMLLinearTransformNodeE.txt
> --outputtransform
> C:/Users/braeuer/AppData/Local/Temp/1/Slicer3/CGHC_vtkMRMLBSplineTransformNodeB.txt
> --resampledmovingfilename slicer:037BB188#vtkMRMLScalarVolumeNode3
> slicer:037BB188#vtkMRMLScalarVolumeNode1
> slicer:037BB188#vtkMRMLScalarVolumeNode2
>
> Type: Information
> Time: 12/20/10 16:14:19
> Description: Fast Nonrigid BSpline registration standard output:
> Command Line Arguments
> Iterations: 20
> gridSize: 10
> HistogramBins: 100
> SpatialSamples: 50000
> ConstrainDeformation: 0
> MaximumDeformation: 1
> DefaultPixelValue: 0
> InitialTransform:
> C:/Users/braeuer/AppData/Local/Temp/1/Slicer3/CGHC_vtkMRMLLinearTransformNodeE.txt
> FixedImageFileName: slicer:037BB188#vtkMRMLScalarVolumeNode1
> MovingImageFileName: slicer:037BB188#vtkMRMLScalarVolumeNode2
> OutputTransform:
> C:/Users/braeuer/AppData/Local/Temp/1/Slicer3/CGHC_vtkMRMLBSplineTransformNodeB.txt
> ResampledImageFileName: slicer:037BB188#vtkMRMLScalarVolumeNode3
> echoSwitch: 1
> xmlSwitch: 0
> processInformationAddressString: 109C7F10
> returnParameterFile:
> Command Line Arguments
> Iterations: 20
> gridSize: 10
> HistogramBins: 100
> SpatialSamples: 50000
> ConstrainDeformation: 0
> MaximumDeformation: 1
> DefaultPixelValue: 0
> InitialTransform:
> C:/Users/braeuer/AppData/Local/Temp/1/Slicer3/CGHC_vtkMRMLLinearTransformNodeE.txt
> FixedImageFileName: slicer:037BB188#vtkMRMLScalarVolumeNode1
> MovingImageFileName: slicer:037BB188#vtkMRMLScalarVolumeNode2
> OutputTransform:
> C:/Users/braeuer/AppData/Local/Temp/1/Slicer3/CGHC_vtkMRMLBSplineTransformNodeB.txt
> ResampledImageFileName: slicer:037BB188#vtkMRMLScalarVolumeNode3
> echoSwitch: 1
> xmlSwitch: 0
> processInformationAddressString: 109C7F10
> returnParameterFile:
> Centering transform: AffineTransform (134601A8)
> RTTI typeinfo: class itk::AffineTransform<double,3>
> Reference Count: 1
> Modified Time: 4811
> Debug: Off
> Observers:
> none
> Matrix:
> 1 0 0
> 0 1 0
> 0 0 1
> Offset: [1.06581e-014, 1.06581e-014, -7.10543e-015]
> Center: [-3.55271e-015, -3.55271e-015, 0]
> Translation: [1.06581e-014, 1.06581e-014, -7.10543e-015]
> Inverse:
> 1 0 0
> 0 1 0
> 0 0 1
> Singular: 0
> Initial transform: AffineTransform (13460060)
> RTTI typeinfo: class itk::AffineTransform<double,3>
> Reference Count: 5
> Modified Time: 3847
> Debug: Off
> Observers:
> none
> Matrix:
> 1 -0 0
> -0 0.979925 0.199368
> 0 -0.199368 0.979925
> Offset: [0, -1.8943, 7.32471]
> Center: [0, 0, 0]
> Translation: [0, -1.8943, 7.32471]
> Inverse:
> 1 0 0
> 0 0.979924 -0.199368
> 0 0.199368 0.979924
> Singular: 0
> Starting Registration
>
> Type: Information
> Time: 12/20/10 16:14:18
> Description: Found SharedObject Module
> Type: Information
> Time: 12/20/10 16:14:18
> Description: SharedObjectModule
> ------------------------------------
> Peter Böttcher, PD, Dr med vet, DipECVS
> European Veterinary Specialist in Surgery
> Fachtierarzt für Kleintierchirurgie
> Klinik für Kleintiere
> Universität Leipzig
> An den Tierkliniken 23
> D-04103 Leipzig (Germany)
> Tel: +49-341-9738700
> Fax: +49-341-9738799
> email: boettcher at kleintierklinik.uni-leipzig.de
> <mailto:boettcher at kleintierklinik.uni-leipzig.de>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> slicer-users mailing list
> slicer-users at bwh.harvard.edu
> http://massmail.spl.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/slicer-users
> To unsubscribe: send email to slicer-users-request at massmail.spl.harvard.edu with unsubscribe as the subject

-- 
Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Robert Greenes Distinguished Director of Biomedical Informatics
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, Surgical Planning Laboratory
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~kikinis



More information about the slicer-users mailing list